Monday, February 9, 2009

Busy Sunday....

Yesterday was the Sunday of Pastors Conference at our church. Which means awesome music, preachers and very full pews. And I wouldn't have it any other way. Mitch and I went early to church and went to the Newlywed class to let everyone know that we're pregnant. It was so exciting! Sunday School was short, since everyone wanted to get to the services. Mom has saved us seats, since she had gone to hear Paige Patterson. I told Mr Don and Allison and they were so happy for us. (That's our Deacon and his daughter, we've sat on the same pew as them for almost 15 years, so we claim them as our own!)

After church we had lunch with my family and my Grandma Gwen came. It was very nice. She brought a stuffed animal (puppy) for "one of the babies" (as she put it). It is so cute. When we got home, Mitch went to sleep and I tried not to, unsuccessfully, because when I went to wake him up for the evening services, I fell asleep! Mom and Josh called me at 6 and were like "They just let out the early service, get up and get on the road!" So I did. Mitch stayed home though.

I got there in time to see Charles Billingsley sing "Midnight Cry" before Dr Vines got up to preach. It was just like reminiscing. He was so good. Not that we don't love Dr Brunson, because we do, it is just soo nice to hear Dr Vines again. We ran into the Korns and Daniel Petlansky after church, and I told them too! :) (I just can't keep this to myself!) Jenny Korn told me that she never found out the sex of the babies before birth. I can't imagine not knowing!!

Then Mom, Josh and I went to Bono's for dinner, just like old times. It was fun, because now that we're all grown up, it is rare that we get to hang out just the three of us. It was really nice. After that, I stopped at the Waller's again so that I could see and tell Tara myself. She was so happy for me! And it was nice to spend some time with them.

Today I'm volunteering at Pastor's Conference in the Internet Cafe, so I'll be there until 3ish, and then might stay for the evening service, we'll see!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations again!! We are so happy for you guys! Enjoy being pregnant - it goes by too fast.

    ReplyDelete