Sunday, December 13, 2009

Packed Weekend...

Well its 9:30 Sunday night, and I'm exhausted! lol I don't think I've even slowed down since Thursday. Between wrapping presents, straightening up my mom's house, visiting with my Aunt, Uncle and cousin, laundry, church and shoe molding, I haven't slowed down at all.

My sweet girl loves the camera!


Thursday I spent the morning with Jeanna, my mother in law (for those who are unaware). We went out to a consignment shop at the beach to look at baby stuff! She picked out an adorable Christmas outfit for Brooke as well as a play-mat for her! I also got her a little piano (I'm going to give it to her as a birthday present!) so that we can see if she has any desire to be musical, without spending $30 or $40 on stuff! (It was only $12!). Then we went to Garden Ridge, just to find out that they no longer carry any craft supplies! None, seriously. I was SHOCKED! Shocked, I say! :) Then we went back to her house and fed Brooke and hung out for an hour or so with Dorothy (Mitch's Grandma).

This is Brooke in her new outfit from Nay Nay

(In her swing)


(In my baby rocking chair)


(With her Daddy next to her!)


(With Tama (left) and Toby (right))

I had picked up a present while at Garden Ridge and between it and the ones that I got from Gran to wrap from her, my car was packed! So I figured I might as well go ahead and take them to my mom's house so that they could be wrapped. I made a nice little mess in my mom's living room while getting about half of them wrapped, but Brooke was pretty fussy all afternoon so I didn't get as much done as I wanted.

Friday I went back over there to finish wrapping and to clean up the mess I made because my Aunt Doris and Uncle Bob were coming there to see us on Saturday! They arrived nice and early (around 9:30) Saturday morning from Gainesville. It was the first time they got to see Brooke and they thought she was wonderful (like I do!) We had a very nice time visiting with them and having lunch. After Mitch got done at the flea market, we went to dinner at Olive Garden, which was really nice! I hurried home and went into overdrive for a couple of hours, straightening up the bathroom, folding 5 loads of laundry, washing all the bottles/bottle accessories, and cleaning Brooke's room. Then I took a shower and Brooke went to bed around 11:30.

I, therefore, didn't get to bed until midnight, and then I woke up at 3. I got up and pumped and headed back to be 30 mins later. Unfortunately, Brookelynne woke up at 4:45 and was hungry, so I fed her and was up again at 6:30 to try and get out of the house to make it to church. Mitch was working at the flea market today so I was on my own for church. Didn't quite make it on time, but did at least get to Sunday School after dropping Brookelynne in the nursery for the first time! :( Church and Sunday School were good (except for this guy who sat in our group today who kept saying all these non-Biblical, degrading, sexist and stupid things! I seriously had to fight my flesh, because I wanted to throw something at him and/or tell him off! lol But I can say honestly, that I was not rude and held my tongue very well!

Had lunch with my parents and dropped food off for Mitch and then I stopped to see Ms Darlene because she had just gotten out of the hospital. I visited with her for about half an hour and then went to my mom's. I worked in my old bedroom, putting down shoe molding and painting, until Mitch got finished at the flea market. Then we had dinner at the Japanese Steakhouse before coming home. I am sooo tired but won't be going to sleep any time in the near future. Trying to decide if I should go finish that room tomorrow, so that Josh doesn't make a mockery out of the paint job! (He's seriously bad with a paint brush/roller!) lol

Also, we pulled out the play mat that Nay Nay bought Brookelynne the other day and here are a few of her playing on it!





No comments:

Post a Comment