Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Doctors Appointment Update

Yesterday I had another doctors appointment! So since I needed to take Tama to the vet, I got up early and left the house around 7 so I could get there and get in line. I wasn't going to take Toby, but when I went to leave him, I felt terrible and started crying because he didn't understand that he wasn't in trouble. I was like sobbing as I let him out of his cage, and put his cage in the car with Tamas. We drove to the vet and stood in line for the 30 minutes until the vet opened. Before we made it inside, both of my dogs had peed on my feet....Tama by accident (the reason we were taking her was because she hasn't been able to control her urine since Friday) and Toby on purpose, I guess cause he smelt Tama's. I had to walk to the back of the building and use the hose to rinse them off! We got inside and the doctor told me that Tama's problem was a side effect of the shot she got last Thursday and should only last 4-5 days which meant that it was ending yesterday. And that Toby's tooth was fine, not to worry that he chipped it.

I left there, went to my mom's and put the dogs in the house in their cages, and Mom and I got on the road. By the time we got to the doctor's office I felt like it was 2 pm, even though it was only 9:45. But thankfully it was quick! I was in and out in less than 15 minutes! Dr Phelan checked the heart rate and it was really strong, gave me some more prenatals and we were off! My weight has officially gone over my normal weight as of yesterday. I weighed 128. I'm hoping to only gain another 8 to 10 lbs, so that I'm not fighting to get it off. Since I lost 7 lbs in my first 2 months, I've technically gained 8 lbs so far. We'll see...

I spent the rest of the day with my family and then visiting with Jennifer Allen, which were both very nice. I got home around 6:30 and started on the last closet that has to be organized and barely put a dent in it! Around 8:15 I started having these shooting pains in my abdomen so I called the doctor's office at 9ish and Dr Phelan told me that it sounded like round ligament pain which is okay and that if it got worse to come it. Knowing what it was made me feel better, but it never did go away completely. And last night I kept having those pains and leg cramps that kept waking me. :( So not fun. When I got out of bed this morning, it wasn't because of an alarm going off or the dogs waking me, it was because I was screaming in pain and had to stretch the charlie-horses I had in my leg!! lol. I hope those don't continue because I could live the rest of my life without feeling that again and it would be too soon!

Now it is back to work!


  1. Glad the doctor went well :) I get those Charlie Horse cramps all the time now- Wonder what causes them? I need to look it up. I had two in one night on Saturday and then I could barely walk Sunday! ouch.

  2. eeecckkk! Charlie horses are no fun! My mom got those a lot when she was pregnant. Hopefully, you will only have the one!