Saturday, June 13, 2009

Clothes, Clothes and more Clothes...

That is exactly how I feel about the past two days. In addition to doing all of Mitch's and my laundry for the week (which I try to get done on Fridays) I had to do 8 more loads of laundry. Yes I said 8. Two of those were because I had to do the sheets/comforter in the spare room but the other 6 were baby clothes. And I don't mean the kind of loads that have a reasonable amount of clothes in there so they all get extra clean. The only point in washing them was to get them to all smell good/the same since they had been in storage for a while. Where did I get that many baby clothes you may ask, well I am very grateful to have a very generous sister. Well sister-in-law technically but she prefers to claim me instead of Mitchell, so I let her! :)

Jennifer (my sister in law) has 2 little girls that are 4 and 2 and she pretty much sent me home with all of the under 2 year old clothes that the girls had not messed up or ruined. So we are way ahead of the game, especially when it comes to older clothes (like 12 months and 18 months) because those are the ones that no one buys for you when you're pregnant and you have to invest in yourself. We haven't gotten them completely put away (mainly because the baby's furniture won't be ready for at least a month more) but my mom came over and helped me sort it by size, go through them and pull out the things that I either didn't like or wouldn't work for Brooke (ie the 0-3 month summer clothes that she won't get to wear in Oct-Dec) and I am proud to say that me matched outfits that go together and got everything folded so that when the chest of drawers is done, all I have to do is move the stacks from the closet floor into the drawers! YAY!!

And again, thank you to Jennifer for sharing and to my mother in law, Jeanne, who stores these things for Jennifer so that she can share them with Mitch and me!

No comments:

Post a Comment