Monday, May 25, 2009

Pink...check...Wainscoating...check...

Brooke's room is finally starting to look like her room! Yesterday I bought the pink paint and wainscoting for the room, and last night Mitch and I got in there and painted the top half of the wall. Mitch had never painted before (so he said) but he stepped up to the challenge and did all of the trip all by himself. I rolled everything else and it looks really good! Then this morning, my mom and dad came over and we put up the wainscoting. The neighbor let us borrow his nail gun and compressor and that was such a huge help! Dad and Mitch did most of the cuts, but mom and I helped too. Mom's biggest help was that she made an amazing Memorial Day lunch for us and cleaned it all up too! We had ribs, corn on the cob, baked beans and watermelon! It was so great, and since we ate ribs, even Toby and Tama were celebrating with all the bones they devoured! By the time we finished up we were all exhausted. That was around 4. Mitch and I took showers and chilled for a couple of hours and then I just went back in there and did the prep work so that I can paint the wainscoting in the next couple of days! When its done we'll have pictures and I can't wait for everyone to see!

On a separate note, I hope everyone had a wonderful Memorial Day and are as thankful as I am for all the men and women who have died for our freedom. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment