Thursday, August 4, 2011

Milestone Moments of Braxton James: Sitting Up Edition :)

Well. Its official. My baby boy can sit up on his own! It seems like this has been a long time coming, but at the same time, it feels like this came on so fast! We've been 'working on' or 'practicing' sitting up on our own for about 2 months, meaning that every couple of days I would sit him up and sit near him to see how long it took for him to fall over or throw himself backward. This usually only took 15 to 20 seconds before we had to start over again. We would 'practice' for anywhere from 1 to 20 minutes, but he never kept his balance for more than about a minute, and it really seemed to me that he just didn't 'get it'. Like it wasn't important to him, so he wasn't going to try. Do you know what I mean? Anyway, today I sat him up like I do most days and to my surprise, after a couple of minutes, he still hadn't fallen over. So I grabbed the boppy and put it behind him, and started doing other things, waiting to see how long it would take him to tip, fall or flop. Twenty, count them 20 minutes later, he was still sitting up playing with toys! Talk about a proud Mama! I am! It was the craziest thing ever because it seriously seems like when I sat him up today, something in his little brain just 'clicked' and he thought to himself, "It appears that Mama thinks I'll like doing this sitting up stuff, so maybe I'll give it a try today." lol. Anyway, he does enjoy it, in fact he lovvvvvvvvveeeeesssss sitting up and playing with toys, he can reach for different toys and really play with more than just rattles. He'll occaisionally be playing with something and just stop, look around until he sees someone who's looking at him and then give them this huge grin! Seriously cutest thing ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment