Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Busy Busy Busy Days....

Our life would seem busy enough to most people but alas, my husband must not think so. :) I will preface this post by saying that I have absolutely no idea how Mitch's mind works or in what ways he comes up with or supports his ideas and/or decisions.

A year or so ago, Mitch started picking up 'good deals' at thrift stores and garage sales. He did some research into what sells well on line since he works so close to the 'fifth riches zip code in America', he was sure he could find great items at the local thrift stores. And low and behold, he has. Unfortunately, all that became of such purchases was a packed front closet and nothing else. Then a couple months ago, the bug seemed to get at him again. We were looking for a few things on craigslist and happened upon some fantastic deals, and all of a sudden he was back at the buying. Making a trip to a goodwill, or garage sale most days, my living room is now covered with '100% cashmere' this and 'gymboree' that, 'justice' here and 'cole haan' there.

About 10 days ago, he got on ebay, set up a store and started listing. And the listing has gone pretty well! :) We've posted about 73 items, with 35 still active, 24 selling and 14 not selling. (For those of you who are unaware, that's actually a very HIGH percentage for beginners, most beginners who end up being successful don't even have 1% of their items sell in the first year! Much less, week!)  This means however that I have much more to keep up with. While he does the shopping and most all of the listing, I do pretty much everything else. I check and respond to messages, I package all the items, I print the shipping labels and I do the shipping! It's been crazy to see how many things I've sent out in the past 10 days and to think that we've made over $200. Seriously, its just ridiculous. Anyway, it is going really well and we're both very excited about it.

The only down side is that it does take time and we don't have a lot of that to spare so we're trying to be even more wise about our time management than ever before. I better hit the sack, because I'm pretty sure that blogging when I could be sleeping would not qualify as 'wise' in Mitch's eyes! lol

1 comment: