Monday, March 21, 2011

Our boy is 2 months already!

Braxton James has truly worked his way into every little part of our lives and heart and we love it that way! I can honestly say that the sweet boy has parts of my heart that I didn't even know existed! It seems that my heart just grows bigger and bigger when I have more people to love. And that's the way I like it. :) We don't have his 2 month appointment for a couple of weeks, so I won't have those stats to give you now, but I'll update them when we see the doctor!

Height/Length:                 22.5 inches
Weight:                             12 lbs 10.5 oz

Here are some of the high points of this last month....

---He has been in size 1 diapers all month, but some of them are barely fitting now! His pampers size 1 diapers are still fitting, but target brand, and seventh generation diapers are definitely getting too small to go around him!
---He's fitting well into 0-3 month clothes, but I have a feeling that I'll be pulling out the 3-6 month clothes before we hit April!
---Brookelynne still loves him and he's gotten to the point where he seems to know her. She will come over and get in his face going "Booooo" or "Braaaaa" (Brother and Braxton)
---He's eating 6 oz every 4 hours
---He takes his last bottle at 9:30ish, sleeps until 3, eats again and then sleeps until 7ish (most days).
---He's still in size 1 shoes, but they're getting a little tight. If he grows at all, he'll be in size 2!
---He still likes his bouncer, but has begun to spend more time in the swing. While he doesn't like to go side to side, like Brooke did, he does like to go front to back, so we've turned the swing and he loves it!
---He loves being outside! The other day he was screaming in his carseat and I walked outside, set him on the sidewalk so that I could load the car, and he stopped crying. He sat there totally content until I put him in the car and closed the door. He LOVES the sunlight!
---He sees us! It has been frustrating for me because I felt like he wasn't actually seeing me or able to focus on me, but in the last couple of days he's definitely been able to do that! :)
---This past Sunday morning, he went to the nursery for his first day of Sunday School!
---He spent most evenings being very fussy from about 3 weeks on, so after his dedication, we had talked about him possibly being lactose intolerant, so I've cut all milk products out of my diet for a week now. He's been better, so I'm going to stay away from most of them for a little bit longer and then start eating a little at a time to see if he gets worse again. We'll see.
---He likes to be patted on the back hard! People in the nursery were saying that he didn't like it, and I kept saying, "hit him harder", and sure enough, as soon as they did, he calmed right down! Don't ask me why, but he's happy as a clam that way!

Also- I will add pics to this post as soon as I can get my external hard drive to work again!

No comments:

Post a Comment