Friday, March 25, 2011

An afternoon with Paw Paw....

Last weekend we had a lot going on and by Sunday we were tired and worn out, so we didn't see my dad at all. (We usually see him for Sunday lunch). Monday I got a call asking how the kids were and telling me how much he missed them. Tuesday he called, hoping I was still in town so he could meet up with us. Wednesday I got another call, when he realized we weren't going to be around this weekend, asking to see the kids. "I can't go two whole weeks without the babies" was all I kept hearing! lol. Anyway, I had a few errands to run on Thursday, as well as a TON of things to get done, so I told him that if he wanted to, he could come up and help me with the kids so that I could get more done.

Needless to say, he took advantage! haha. He got here while Brookelynne was taking a nap, and spent an hour or so holding and talking to Brax, and then when Brookelynne woke up, he was in full-on "play" mode! Braxton and I headed out to go to the store while Paw Paw and Brookelynne took walks, played outside and read books. As always, Brooke had a ball with Paw Paw. When I was out, I picked up some shovels, one for Brooke and one for Brax. They immediately got put to use when I got home...

Brookelynne with the shovels
Digging with Paw Paw
"Put it in the bucket"
Concentrating so hard!
Tire fun!
Paw Paw would put the tire on the shovel, and say "Ready Set Go" and then let it fall and roll to Brooke!
She LOVED this!
She's READY!

I love that my dad loves my kids and is constantly wanting to see them. I never have to even think about how long it's been since my dad saw the kids, because any more than a week and he's blowing up my phone! haha Its so nice to know that he loves my kids, and even though he's not even close to perfect, he tries and does everything he can to show how much he loves them!

No comments:

Post a Comment