Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Unplanned Doctors Visit...

This past weekend, Mitch and I worked very hard at my mom's house putting down wood floors. (with help from my mom, dad and Josh). Because of this we were VERY sore Sunday when we got up and yesterday morning. By the time I went to work though, I was feeling pretty okay. But after being at work for about an hour, I just wasn't feeling right. Nothing hurt, but I just didn't feel good. That was about 12 or 12:30. By 1:30 I had started having some pain in my abdomen. They were shooting pains on the right side that went up and around my belly. I got someone to close for me and hurried to get out of work. As I walked to my car I called the doctor's office, and they told me to just start driving that way. So I called Mitch and told him I was going to the doctors but that it was probably nothing, did he want to come. He wasn't even dressed (because he was taking a nap) so I went on without him.

I got there and realized that the reason they wanted me to come in is because they thought I had Kidney Stones. Thankfully that was not the problem, but that meant there was a greater chance that it was preterm labor. So they did a test and then sent me over to Labor and Delivery for them to process the test and so that they could monitor the baby and if I was having contractions. So I called Mitch and he said he'd get on the road and I called my mom, just so she would know what was going on, but assured her that it was not a big deal that she didn't need to come unless she really wanted to. I got in my room and called Mitch who told me that my mom was on her way too. They both got there and we sat talking for a couple hours while they processed the test to see if I was in preterm labor. As we talked it came out that my mom had called a few of her close friends to ask them to pray, which led to them calling other people, so her phone kept ringing with people asking about my status. :) Everyone was so worried. I felt bad that everyone was worried about me when we didn't even know if there was something to worry about! :) But I'm glad that I have so many people who care!

It turns out that I have a bladder infection and that was what was causing the pain. They gave me some medicine and sent us home, a good 2 1/2 hours later. Needless to say it was a long day. Thankfully, this morning my pain is gone and I'm feeling better so that must mean that the medicine is working!

2 comments:

  1. Hey girl, glad everything turned out okay! You need to take it easy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're both ok! I'm not sure how it works w/ pregnancy...but cranberry juice works too? (but probably not as well as meds...) ;o)
    I hope that you'll be in great shape for your baby shower this weekend!

    ReplyDelete