Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Braxton's Room!

As the past few months have flown by, we have had distraction above distraction with birthdays and holidays, long work days and short weekends, and because of that, the focus has not been the easiest ones to plan and prepare for our new arrival. So, while I had some ideas here and there, and been working toward a general goal for his room and clothes, I have not been nearly as 'together' as I was when I had 3 holiday/birthday free months before Brookelynne's arrival. But I can honestly say that it has all come together! Little things were getting done, bit by bit, but the 'big stuff' finally got done in the past two weeks!

We bought the bedding back in September, and shortly after that, got Brookelynne's new furniture and moved the baby furniture into Brax's room.

I decided on the basic design of the walls and we painted his room in October on Mitch's last vacation. But since then, not much has happened. We've been doing small projects here and there, like organizing the clothes and putting them away, or organizing the closets, but no real obvious progress. Once the holidays were threw, and we had a free weekend day, we buckled down and knocked it out. My Mom and Dad came up early and between the four of us, we had 3 working and one playing with Brooke for the whole morning. I got up and went straight to cutting all of the molding, and then Mitch and I put it all up. Mom washed, dried and put away all of the bottles and pump stuff as well as cleaned the kitchen and then when Brookelynne went down for her nap, my dad went outside and started cleaning the siding and porch. (Which he did a fantastic job on, btw).

By the end of the day I felt a lot better. A few days later the wood letters came in the mail, so I painted those that night. The next day I finally finished the plaque for his room. (I worked on it all week, and it was tedious, to say the least). Then it was time to hang them and we would be almost done. All that was left was getting and assembling the rocking chair, which we got a couple days later. Finally we can say we're done!

I'm so proud of his room and how great it turned out! I was so worried that we wouldn't be able to put together a room for Braxton that was as nice as Brookelynne's or as personal, but I really feel like it all came together perfectly. And for all of you who have been waiting so patiently, here are the pictures!
















No comments:

Post a Comment