Friday, February 26, 2010

Reminiscing...

When was the last time that you took a few moments and thought about your life? I have always been an analytical person, constantly considering and analyzing what is happening in my life, what it changes, where it's going and what that will mean for my future. There's a song out by Trace Adkins, called "You're gonna miss this", which is the inspiration for this post. While I love my life and wouldn't change it for the world, there are a few things I miss...

1 That sick-at-your-stomach,-miss-him-so-much,-have-to-see-him-right-this-second-feeling, that you have in the beginning of a relationship. While I love Mitch to death, I see him often enough that I rarely get that anymore. lol, Anytime he is on a business trip I get a refresher though! hehe

2. My mustang...She was sooo pretty! lol (this was the day after I got her)

Just today I was remembering the time I went toilet papering with some friends on Halloween, and a few months later came out of my house to head to school, just to find my car COVERED in toilet paper. Not the house, not the yard, not Josh's truck, but my mustang, practically white from all the toilet paper. Needless to say I was late for school!

3. Having a need to go to Lakeland on a regular basis...
Both of my mom's parents are buried in Lakeland and that city will always have a special place in my heart because of the wonderful memories that I have with my grandparents and extended family.

Growing up, we went to Lakeland often, and even after my Grandma passed away, still made it down there every 6 to 9 months for several years. (mainly for the funerals of my Grandpa's siblings) But at least it meant seeing my cousins, putting flowers on my Grandparent's graves and driving my Fields Rd. Now I look for any reason to go down there, just last weekend Mom told me that one of her cousins had called Friday because there was a reunion Saturday and they just found Mom's number. It was too late to go by the time she mentioned it, but I was really depressed about it for the rest of the day, its been over a year since we were down there and I don't have any idea when we'll go back...

4. Cheerleading... I know it sounds silly, but I LOVED being a cheerleader. I loved the practicing, I loved the games, I loved the competition, I loved it all! No doubt Brooke will at least try it and maybe I'll be able to see her come love it too.

4b. A tangent off of Cheerleading is how I miss knowing high school football players! lol I spent 6 falls going to a high school football game every Friday night, and its just not as much fun when you don't know any of the players. I miss cheering on my classmates or my brother!
Josh his senior year...



5. The Westside! While I love having my own home and our house and yard is wonderful, I miss the westside so much!! If only Mitch could be transferred back to Jax, I could return to the BEST side of town! lol

6. Line Dancing...

My senior year of high school, just as soon as I turned 18, I started going line dancing every Friday night with a group from church. There would be anywhere from 4 to 20 ppl from church and we'd hang out and dance and have a great time. Now that I'm an "old married woman" I don't have anyone who will go with me! (Mitch is sooo not a line dancer! haha)

7. My short hair! I had short hair from 7th grade until the 2006. I had begun to grow it out before I started dating Mitch and then kept it long for one reason or another ever since then. I think about cutting it again all the time but I don't have the guts! Besides, what would I do when I need it out of my face, I look down a lot these days! haha.
The original short bob...

What it turned into by senior year...


7a. While on the subject of hair, I just want to reminisce the loss of two of my best ...
While in Orlando Jr year...


And doing my hair myself for one of the first and last times (at least for a while, lol)...


8. After-Thanksgiving-Day-Shopping with my mom, aunt and cousins...Some years we even ran into more family! (Laura, Me, Mom, Kelley, Aunt Betty, Aunt Gail and Aunt Linda, and the girls in the front are Becca and Hannah!)

After my cousin Kelley moved to Tennessee, they're family started having Thanksgiving up there and Mitch and I can't go because he has to work on the day after Thanksgiving! :(

9. My girl-friends! In middle school and high school (church) Amy and I were attached at the hip! lol Now that we're all grown up and married, I never get to see her anymore!
This is us in 7th grade, doing a puppet show for VBS

And in Mexico right before preforming...

And for my junior and senior year, Starr and I were blond and brunette versions of each other! lol We went everywhere together, finished each other's sentences, spoke in code and matched everything from our shirts to our cars!
She passed away last year, and while I'll always have my Brookelynne Starr, I'll always miss my Melody Starr!
And last is my Sasha! We met on the bus in 6th grade and she's always been there when I needed her!
Now that we're both married, we try to get together as often as possible, Wasn't she such a beautiful bride?


I'm sure there are more, but I need to make dinner, lol. I'll leave you with this last thought...

One thing that I'm A-okay with is that this...
(My mom with Me)

Has turned into this..

(Me and Brooke)

No comments:

Post a Comment