Friday, September 23, 2011

A week alone....

So anyone who knows me more for more than a minute knows that I am a very social person. One of my biggest struggles with being a Stay at Home Mom is that it greatly limits my two way interaction (although Brooke is learning to talk better each day). Every day I very much look forward to Mitch's arrival, because 3 days a week that's the okay other adult I see all day. So a couple weeks ago when he told me that they were sending him to class in South Carolina for a week, I was less than thrilled. lol. Espcially since it was the longest he'd left me since we had Brookelynne, much less Braxton and 5 nights with no "Daddy" was not in my 'to-do' list. Anyway, we survived, and here are some highlights of the 'ups' and 'downs'. :)

He had to be in Brunswick by 1 on Sunday, so I said "goodbye" to him before church Sunday morning, and went to Sunday School with just me and the kids. After church we went to lunch with my parents and then home for naps. Lunch, nor naptime went as planned and we didn't get up in time to get to Meet at the Met (the special churchwide service at Metropolitan park) but I didn't care. I was NOT going to add a night of bedtime routine w/o Daddy if I didn't HAVE to. So I put them in the car and headed out. :) We arrived just as Dr Brunson started preaching and met up with the Polizzis. It was a good message and my kids did really well with not making  alot of noise. After the service, we spent the next hour or two playing and enjoying the nice weather and cool breeze. Here are some shots of the kids playing!

Monday we had no plans so I worked really hard all day to try and get things clean. Tuesday, I had Mom2Mom at church and we really enjoyed the morning out. I came home and had heard back from a person selling something on Craigslist and made plans to buy it from them on Wednesday. That meant that when I got home I had to make room. Our new addition, you ask? A new 3 piece entertainment center. :) I had to pull all the stuff out of our current tv entertainment center, and move it out of the way to make room for the MUCH bigger model. :) Needless to say, I had to do that once the kids were asleep, so I didn't make it to bed until midnight.

Wednesday morning, my dad came over (as is his usual Wednesday routine) and entertained the kids while I tried to clean up the kitchen a little bit. Then our friends Kelly and Jeff came up to help me. Kelly, Dad, Brookelynne, Braxton and Malachi stayed here while Jeff and I went over to the house to pick up the furniture. The person selling it to us ended up being someone I had worked with at Chili's, so it was a very comfortable environment as he helped us move the pieces. They are solid wood, with beautiful glass doors and shelves, and seriously weighed like 300 lbs a piece. And we had to bring them down stairs. Not fun. :) Anyway, it took us a little over 2 hours (longer than I had hoped), but once we were done getting them into the house, we all went to Chicfila. The kids played while we ordered and got the food and then we ate and visited for a little while. It was really nice. When we got back home it was naptime for the B&B and PawPaw (my dad) headed out, so it was just me. The kids fought me hard on naptime, crying for like 25 minutes (something they NEVER do). I was so frustrated that they were crying and I needed to shower before church and Tama was barking outside, that when I went to the back door to let her in, I didn't even look at her to notice that she was DRIPPING mud. Muddy Tama turned into Muddy House, and an exhausted/frustrated Mama into a I've had one-thing-too-many-go-wrong-so-I-give-up-Mama. I rushed and rushed to try and get ready for church but it just didn't happen, so we stayed home. Before the night was over, I went and picked up a carpet cleaner and once the kids were down for the night, I cleaned the carpet in the living room and hall. Didn't get to sleep that night until 1. No rest for the weary!

Thursday morning didn't go as planned (because my brother's cruise came docked earlier than expected, so Mom had to pick them up first and then come up to my house) so I didn't get anything accomplished until after noon. But once my Mom and Dad got here, we got to work. We moved the couches around and cleaned the carpet underneath them. Then we rearranged the living room. It looks SOOOO Much bigger! Mom, Brooke and I went to Walmart and picked up some new rugs for the living room, hall and front door and then moved the table back into the living room too. Mom helped me bathe the kids and then headed home.

She came back on Friday to help me finish putting everything away and do some actual cleaning, since my house had seriously been turned upside down. I'm so grateful for all of her hard work, and help with the kids. I don't know what I would have done without her. She headed home in the afternoon and much to my surprise, Mitch got home around 5, instead of 8 as expected! :) We spent the evening at home since Mitch had just spent 6 hours in a car. I was VERY grateful to have him home!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment