Monday, August 9, 2010
Brookelynne turned 10 months old!!! :)
It is hard to believe that my sweet baby girl is 10 months old already, but alas this is the truth! She is an amazing little girl whom I love with all of my heart and she grows so much each day. How about we do some 'stats' and accomplishments?
* She weighs 18 lbs 5 oz a couple days before when we did her physical.
* She is 28 inches tall.
* She has begun walking while holding onto someone's hand. (This was difficult for her, because she learned to walk without holding hands, so when you would grab a hand, she was unable to balance and would fall down) But now, not only is she a champ at it, but she gets SOOOO excited when you grab her hand, its like its a party! :)
* Speaking of things that excite her, going outside is one of her favorites! If you walk to the laundry room and open the door to the garage, she practically hyperventilates! She starts swinging her arms up and down and bouncing around! Its so cute!
* She has learned that she can 'ask to go outside'. Paw Paw (my dad, who fully believes that being outside can solve anything) stopped by on his way to the hunting camp a few days ago, and he took her outside a few times to 'walk around and look at the birds'. About 10 minutes after they came back inside, she walked over to him, grabbed his hand, walked over to the door, and proceeded to point while going "uh uh uh". You should have seen Paw Paw's face! He was SOOO thrilled that she wanted him to take her outside...of course they went immediately! :)
* She can tell you where her head is and where her toes are!!! :) We are really excited about this because we didn't think she'd do this until after a year! But she's super good at it! And she is so proud of herself when she gets it right!
* She is eating table food almost all the time. She still has applesauce for breakfast most days but other than that it is all 'grown up food'. She's doing really well with it too! :) She LOVES it when she gets food off of Mama's plate!
* She is wearing mostly 12 month clothes. She still has short legs, so the pants run long on her, but the dresses and shorts are perfect. All of her 9 month stuff is just too short. I will be going through her closet/clothes/drawers soon to re organize once again. I can't believe how quickly she grows!! :) She's just getting SOOOO BIG!
* She can say "Mama", "Dada", "Bye Bye", and "BaBa" (Although I'm pretty sure that the only one she understands the meaning of is bye bye.) She does crack us up because she makes the funniest faces when she talks, being overly dramatic with the way she moves her lips! I guess the funny faces Daddy makes don't help!
* She is drinking 3 breastmilk bottles a day with 2 or 3 bottles of juice. (every few days we have to supplement with formula, but she doesn't seem to notice)
All in all, my baby girl is doing great and becoming less and less like a baby! :)I know that she has to grow up, and while I hate that fact, I'm really enjoying this stage of her development! She's just so precious and sweet and we are blessed beyond measure to have her as ours!