Thursday, May 17, 2012

B&B's first trip to DisenyWorld!

So Mitch and I had talked about going to DisneyWorld a while back and wanted to wait as long as possible, so that Braxton would be old enough to enjoy it, but that Brookelynne would not have turned 3 yet. Of course we were concerned with the heat, and weather as well as price so when we found out about the Wild for 3 Passes for Florida residents which were $99 for 3 days, and the fact that they are valid through the end of May, so we decided to go as soon as we could get everyone off at the same time. :) That is what brought us to our Late-April Trip.

When deciding what parks to go to, I did some research and picked parks that the kids would get the most out of, Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom, and it worked out perfectly! The kids had a great time at Magic Kingdom, both days, and it was much easier the second day! :) I had gotten several different things that the kids could have as 'gifts' and us not have to pay for them at the park. Here they are getting their surprises on day one.

The first day we went to Magic Kingdom, and Brookelynne
was so excited to be at Mickey's house. We headed straight back to fantasyland, and rode "it's a small world". The kids were immediately in heaven :-) they loved all of the puppets, the singing, and the lights!
Here is a picture of me, Brooke, and Mitchell heading into the first tunnel.

We rode on Dumbo, the tea cups, and Peter Pan while in fantasy land. We also got lunch on that side of the park. I was very surprised at how busy it was, I thought that Monday would be less crowded. It wasn't horrible but there definitely were lines at each ride, and it was slow going trying to maneuver through the park.

Braxton fell asleep around one, and was completely out. We rode a a few different rides with him in our arms, and he didn't even stir.

Around 1:40 PM, we put Brookelynne
in the stroller with Braxton and walked around until she fell asleep. Since Braxton was so out, we decided it would be better to have Brooke nap at the park too, instead of going back to the hotel and Braxton and her sleeping at completely opposite times.

About 2:00 PM, we found a place in the shade on Main Street, and settled in to wait on the parade. The kids woke up right as the parade started at 3 PM. And they absolutely loved every bit of it. The characters kept coming up to us, and we were in the shade so it was easy to see everything, and not hot at all. After the parade we went to the "country bear jamboree" and then got in line for the jungle cruise. I can honestly say that getting in that line was the worst decision of our whole vacation. It said the wait was about 35 minutes, but after an hour and 20 minutes we were still in line. Mitch, the kids, and I stuck it out and rode the ride. It was not worth the hour and a half. :) after that we made a decision to go out of our way to get fast passes if at all possible. Lol. (which for the record usually required me to walk about a mile as fast as I could to go get them and come back while the rest of them road a ride without me.)

We headed back to the hotel around 5 and were all pretty exhausted. I picked up Olive Garden to go, while I was out getting Braxton's ear infection medication. (did I mention that Mitch and the kids were sick? soml )

All in all, day one was great! And the kids loved it! I will post about day two and three and four ASAP. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment