Thursday, March 19, 2009

Rough week....

Last Thursday, Mitch and I were running errands and picking things up for Kris and Marie's wedding. When we went to the mall to get Mitch's Tux, I realized I had some bleeding. I went to the bathroom and there was a large membrane in the blood. We spent the next several hours in the emergency room. They did a sonogram and found that the baby still had a heartbeat. It appears that I lost a blood vessel that wraps around my cervix. The doctor said that it was not unheard of in pregnancies of young women. Needless to say it was really scary.

Friday we rested and then went to the wedding rehearsal. It was a long day. Saturday we got up early and I met with Marie to get our hair done with the other bridesmaids. We went back to her parent's house to eat and get dressed and then we headed to the Hilltop, limo and all. The wedding was beautiful as was the reception and we had a wonderful time. It was great to be part of Kris and Marie's day. When we got on the road, I checked my messages. I called Sasha back to find out that Starr had died earlier in the day at 2 pm. I couldn't believe that I hadn't been there for her.

The rest of the week since then has been like a blur. So many things to do and no time or energy to do them. I have had the opportunity to make a slideshow for the viewing and funeral. (which are tonight and tomorrow night). I think I've been a help to her parents, and really hope that I have. Please pray for her family as they deal with this difficult situation.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jen, hang in there girl. We love you guys & are praying for you.

    ReplyDelete